What's Lagopus switch?
Lagopus switch is a high-performance software OpenFlow 1.3 switch.
Lagopus is a genus of bird in the grouse subfamily.
Lagopus lives in cloud.
- Best OpenFlow 1.3 compliant switch
- OpenFlow Switch Specification 1.3.4
- High performance software data plane with Intel DPDK
Latest code is hosted at GitHub.
Version 0.2.7 (current)
- Pure OpenFlow switch 1.3.4 specification
- General tunnel encap/decap extension
- High-performance dataplane with DPDK
- Mixed configuration of raw-socket port and DPDK port in dataplane
- Single-line-based switch configuration datastore
- CLI (lagosh) with new configuration format
- Queue support (WRR)
- New flow lookup algorithm
- jumbo frame support
- Linux & FreeBSD with DPDK library support
- Limited support of controller-less L2, L3 support (Learning switch, ICMP, APR, static route)
Version 0.3 (2016 Q4)
- Routing stack integration (Quaga, GOBGP, opensnaproute)
- Segment Routing (SPRING) routing stack and its extension for Lagopus
- GRPC-based switch control and flow control
- Support of YANG-model or OpenConfig
- nFlow, sFlow support
We always welcome contributions to Lagopus switch.
Join to the Lagopus switch community! Any question and comments are welcome!
- Lagopus Day #1 Tokyo, August 30th 2014 (Finished)
- Lagopus Day #2 Yokohama, September 27th 2014 (Finished)
- Lagopus BoF @ InternetWeek 2014, November 18th 2014 (Finished)
- Lagopus Handson @ Okinawa Open Days 2014, December 11th 2014 (Finished)
- Lagopus Day #3 Osaka, December 19th 2014 (Finished)
- Lagopus Day #6 Iwate, April 24th 2015 (Finished)
- Lagopus Day #7 Fukuoka, October 4th 2015 (Finished)
- Lagopus Handson @ Okinawa Open Days 2015, December 15th 2015 (Finished)
- Lagopus Day #8 Fukuoka, March 14th 2016 (Coming soon!!!)
- DPDK summit 2015: It's kind of fun to do the impossible with DPDK. DPDK Summit 2015, August 2015.
- High-performance software packet processing techniques with Intel x86 server. (in Japanese) SDN Japan 2014, November 2014.
- High-performance vSwitch of the user, by the user, for the user. DPDK Summit 2014, September 2014.
- Scalable, High-performance, Elastic Software OpenFlow Switch in Userspace for Wide-area Network. Open Networking Summit 2014, March 2014.
This study is a part of the O3 project supported by a grant of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications in Japan.